If I Win The Mega Millions Jackpot...
According to The Secret, I should rephrase my title to "When I become a millionaire" but I'll stick with If for now because it may not be this particular jackpot that I win but one in the near future. Very near future, I hope...Okay like next week!
Really, though, if I win the Mega Millions this is what I will do with the winnings. This is after of course, I change one million into quarters, fill a swimming pool with them and swim in it like Uncle Scrooge McDuck.
1.Give money to my family and dearest friends. That's kind of a no-brainer.
2. Explore more of the world with Brian. Is Antarctica sunny this time of year?
3. Once I come back from traveling and am ready to resume my day-to-day life, investing money is a must.
4. Along with investing, I'd put money aside for my future kids college tuition, retirement and that rainy day fund, every financial adviser talks about.
5. I would buy a house but it cannot be too big because too many rooms and bathrooms scare me. It has to be practical not ridiculous. Yes, a recording studio is mandatory.
4. Start a business and a record company.
5. Go to grad school for Creative Writing. Get a teaching credential. Pay off my student loans.
6. Open a coffee shop where people can host open mics and have a kid's day where they can experience performing in front of a group for the first time. I would also donate money for music programs in various schools because I was so fortunate to take part in them when I was in junior high and high school.
7. Donate and get involved in so many charities around the world. For me, it's about helping people for the rest of my life in any way shape, way or form.
So there it is, nothing too extravagant but there are a few splurges here and there. The crazy thing I realized is that a lot of things on this list are things I can do without winning a huge jackpot. The jackpot would just speed things up and ensure the financial security of all my family and future great-grandkids!
What would you do with $540 Million?